Gary D. Lynne
| 103 Filley Hall |
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583-0922
Phone: (402) 472-8281
Fax: (402) 472-3460
| Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Oregon State University |
M.S., Agricultural Economics, North Dakota State University
B.S., Agricultural Economics, North Dakota State University
| Curriculum Vitae |
Websites and Resources
- Interests and motivations in conservation to achieve sustainability
- Framework and theory development in behavioral and ecological economics
- Hayes, W.M. and G.D. Lynne. "The Evolution of Ego 'n' Empathy: Progress in Forming the Centerpiece for Ecological Economic Theory," Chp. 5 In, Richardson, Robert B. (ed.), Building a Green Economy: Perspectives from Ecological Economics. East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University Press, 2013 (in press).
- Czap, N.V., Czap, H.J., Khachaturyan, M., Burbach, M.E., and Lynne, G.D. "Smiley or Frowney: The Effect of Emotions and Empathy Framing in a Downstream Water Pollution Game." International Journal of Economics and Finance 5, 3 (2013): 9-23 (also published on-line Feb. 22: see http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijef/issue/view/736 )
- Czap, N.V., Czap, H.J., Khachaturyan, M., Lynne, G.D., and Burbach, M.E. "Walking in the Shoes of Others: Experimental Testing of Dual-Interest and Empathy in Envioronmental Choice." Journal of Socio-Economics 41, 5 (October 2012): 642-653.
- Sheeder, R.J. and G.D. Lynne. "Empathy Conditioned Conservation: ‘Walking-in-the-Shoes-of-Others' as a Conservation Farmer." Land Economics 87, 3 (August 2011): 433-452.
- Sautter, J., Ovchinnikova, N., Kruse, C., and Lynne, G. "Farmers' Decisions Regarding Carbon Sequestration: A Metaeconomic View." Society and Natural Resources 24,2 (online, November, 2010; print publication, January, 2011): 133-147.
- PytlikZillig, L.M., Hu, Q., Hubbard, K.G., Lynne, G.D., and Bruning, R.H. "Improving Farmers' Perception and Use of Climate Predictions in Farming Decisions: A Transition Model." Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology 49 (June 2010): 1333-1340.
- Khachaturyan, M. and Lynne, G.D. Review of McCloskey, D. "The Bourgeois Virtues: Ethics for an Age of Commerce." Chicago, IL: The University of Chicago Press, 2006, 616 pp., in Journal of Socio-Economics 39, 5 (October 2010): 610-612.
- Ovchinnikova, N., Czap, H., Lynne, G. D. and Larimer, C. "‘I don't want to be selling my soul': Two Experiments in Environmental Economics." Journal of Socio-Economics 38,2 (March 2009): 221-229.
- Lynne, G. D. Review of Bromley, D.W. "Sufficient Reason: Volitional Pragmatism and the Meaning of Economic Institutions." Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2006, 244 pp. in Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research 1,1 (January, 2009): 118-120.
- Lynne, G.D. Review of Frank, R.H. "What Price the Moral High Ground? Ethical Dilemmas in Competitive Environments." Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2004, 303 pp. in J. Socio-Economics 37 (2008): 1287-1291.
- Lynne, G. D. Review of Bromley, D.W. "Sufficient Reason: Volitional Pragmatism and the Meaning of Economic Institutions." Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2006, 244 pp. in American J. of Agri. Econ. 89,4 (November 2007): 1120-1122.
- Lynne, G.D. "On the Economics of Subselves: Toward a Metaeconomics" Chp. 6 In: Altman, Morris (Ed). Handbook of Contemporary Behavioral Economics: Foundations and Developments. New York: M.E. Sharpe, 2006, pp. 99-122.
- Artikov, I., Hoffman, S.J., Lynne, G.D., PytlikZillig, L.M., Hu, Qi, Tomkins, A.J., Hubbard, K.G., Hayes, M.J. and Waltman, W. "Understanding the Influence of Climate Forecasts on Farmer Decisions as Planned Behavior." J. Appl. Meteor. Climat. 45 (2006): 1202-1214
- Hu, Qi, PytlikZillig, L.M., Lynne, G.D., Hubbard, K.G., Waltman, W.J., Hayes, M.J., Tomkins, A. J., Hoffman, S.J. and Wilhite, D.A. "Understanding Farmers' Forecast Use from their Beliefs, Values, Social Norms and Perceived Obstacles." J. Appl. Meteor. Clim. 45 (2006): 1190-1201.
- Lynne, G.D. "Toward a Dual Motive Metaeconomic Theory." J. Socio-Economics 35 (2006): 634-651.
- Kalinowski, C.M., Lynne, G.D. and Johnson, B. "Recycling as a Reflection of Balanced Self-Interest: A Test of the Metaeconomics Approach." Environ. and Behav. 38 (2006): 333-355.