Gary D. Lynne
Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Oregon State University
M.S., Agricultural Economics, North Dakota State University
B.S., Agricultural Economics, North Dakota State University
Websites and Resources
- Interests and motivations in conservation to achieve sustainability
- Framework and theory development in behavioral and ecological economics
- Khachaturyan, M. and Lynne, G.D. Review of McCloskey, D. "The Bourgeois Virtues: Ethics for an Age of Commerce." Chicago, IL: The University of Chicago Press, 2006, 616 pp., in Journal of Socio-Economics 39, 5 (October 2010): 610-612.
- PytlikZillig, L.M., Hu, Q., Hubbard, K.G., Lynne, G.D., and Bruning, R.H. "Improving Farmers' Perception and Use of Climate Predictions in Farming Decisions: A Transition Model." Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology 49 (June 2010): 1333-1340.
- Sautter, J., Czap, N., Kruse, C., and Lynne, G. "Farmers' Decisions Regarding Carbon Sequestration: A Metaeconomic View." Society and Natural Resources 24,2 (January, 2011): 133-147.
- Sheeder, R.J. and G.D. Lynne. "Empathy Conditioned Conservation: ‘Walking-in-the-Shoes-of-Others' as a Conservation Farmer." Land Economics 87, 3 (August 2011): 433-452.
- Czap, N.V., Czap, H.J., Khatchaturyan, M., Lynne, G.D., and Burbach, M.E. "Walking in the Shoes of Others: Experimental Testing of Dual-Interest and Empathy in Environmental Choice." Journal of Socio-Economics 41, 5 (October 2012): 642-653.
- Hayes, W.M. and G.D. Lynne. "The Evolution of Ego 'n' Empathy: Progress in Forming the Centerpiece for Ecological Economic Theory," In: Richardson, Robert B. (ed.), Building a Green Economy: Perspectives from Ecological Economics. East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University Press, 2013, pp. 101-118.
- Lynne, G.D. Review of Rifkin, J. "The Empathic Civilization: The Race to Global Consciousness in a World in Crisis. New York, NY: Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin, 2009, 674 pp., in Journal of Socio-Economics 45 (2013): 92-93.
- Czap, N.V., Czap, H.J., Khachaturyan, M., Burbach, M.E., and Lynne, G.D. "Smiley or Frowney: The Effect of Emotions and Empathy Framing in a Downstream Water Pollution Game." International Journal of Economics and Finance 5, 3 (2013): 9-23
- Reimer, A., Thompson, A., Prokopy, L.S., Arbuckle, J.G., Genskow, K., Jackson-Smith, D.J., Lynne, G., McCann, L., Wright Morton, L., and Nowak, P. "People, Place, Behavior, and Context: A Research Agenda for Expanding Our Understanding of What Motivates Farmers' Conservation Behaviors." Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 69, 2 (March/April, 2014): 57A-61A.
- Czap, N.V., Czap, H.J., Burbach, M.E., and Lynne, G.D. “Gender in Environmental Context: An Effect of Property Rights, Fines, Empathy Nudging.” International Journal of Economics and Finance 6, 7 (2014): 11-23.
- Czap, N.V., Czap, H.J., Lynne, G.D., and Burbach, M.E. “Walk in My Shoes: Nudging for Empathy Conservation.” Ecological Economics 118 (2015): 147-158.