Professor David Aiken
Water and Agricultural Law Specialist
103 Filley Hall
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583-0922
Phone: (402) 472-1848
Fax: (402) 472-3460E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
J.D. with honors, George Washington University, 1975
B.A. cum laud, Hastings College (Nebraska), 1972
- Water law and policy
- Energy law
- Environmental law and global warming
- Water law
- Agricultural law
- AECN 256
- AECN 357
- J. David Aiken, "Foreclosure Moratoria and Farm Credit Mediation: Nebraska's Legal Response to Two Agricultural Crises." Chapter 6 in Alan Gless (ed.), (Ohio University Press, 2008).
- Aiken, J.D. "The Republican River: Negotiation, Arbitration, and a Federal Water Master," Cornhusker Economics (July 2008)
- Aiken, J. D. "Hydrologically-Connected Ground Water, §858 & the Spear T Decision" 84 Nebraska Law Review 962-96 (2006).
- Schroeter, J. R., A. Azzam & J. D. Aiken. "Anti-corporate Farming Laws & Industry Structure: the Case of Cattle Feeding." 88 American Journal of Agricultural Economics 1000-1014 (2006).
- Aiken, J. D. "The Western Common Law of Tributary Ground Water: Implications for Nebraska," 83 Nebraska Law Review 541-95 (2004).
- Aiken, J. D. "Groundwater Law of the Western United States," in B.A. Stewart & T. A. Howell (eds), Encyclopedia of Water Science (Marcel Dekker) 333-335 (2003).
- Aiken, J. D. "Surface Water Law of the Western United States," in B.A. Stewart & T. A. Howell (eds.), Encyclopedia of Water Science (Marcel Dekker) 946-949 (2003).
- Aiken, J.D. The Use of Equitable Principles to Resolve 'New' Western Water Disputes," in P.
J. Longo & D. W. Yoskowitz (eds.), Water on the Great Plains: Issues & Policies (Texas Tech. Univ. Press 2002).
- Aiken, J. D. "Balancing Endangered Species Protection and Irrigation Water Rights: The Platte River Cooperative Agreement," 3 Great Plains Natural Resources Journal 119-58 (1999).
- National Research Council, Valuing Ground Water: Economic Concepts and Approaches (1997) (committee member).
- Aiken, J. D., Annette Higby & Nancy Thompson, A Farmer's Handbook To Livestock Regulation in Nebraska (Center for Rural Affairs, 1994).
- Aiken, J. D., "Protecting the Hidden Resource: The Quiet Crisis in Nebraska Pesticide & Ground Water Protection Policies," 26 Creighton Law Review 639-96 (1993).
- Aiken, J. D., "Chapter 12 Family Farm Bankruptcies," 66 Nebraska Law Review 632-94 (1988).
- Aiken, J. D., "New Directions in Nebraska Water Policy," 66 Nebraska Law Review 8-75 (1987).
- Aiken, J. D. "The National Water Policy Review & Western Water Rights Law Reform," 59 Nebraska Law Review 327-44 (1980).
- Aiken, J.D., "Nebraska Ground Water Law & Administration," 59 Nebraska Law Review 917-1000 (1980).