Dr. Richard K. Perrin
Jim Roberts Professor
207 Filley Hall
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583-0922
Phone: (402) 472-9818
Fax: (402) 472-3460
Ph.D. Agricultural Economics, Iowa State University, 1968
B.S. Agricultural Business, Iowa State University, 1960
- I'm interested in productivity - how to measure it, how it happens, who benefits from it. Technology assessment (ex-ante and ex-post) is part of that story.
- I'm interested in biofuels - their impacts on agriculture, the climate and the environment.
- I'm interested in the potential for the Great Plains and its aquifer to be able to help feed the burgeoning world population in a sustainable manner.
- ENSC 230 - Energy and the Environment: Economics and Policy
- AECN 840 - Applied Welfare and Policy Analysis
- AECN 873 - Microeconomic Models and Applications
- AECN 901 - Production Economics
- Perrin, R., J. Sesmero, K. Wamisho and D. Bacha. 2012. Biomass supply costs for Great Plains delivery points. Biomass and Bioenergy, 37(Feb):213-220. DOI: 10.1016/j.biombioe.2011.12.010
- Blomendahl, Ben H., Richard K. Perrin and Bruce B. Johnson. 2011. The impact of Ethanol Plants on Surrounding Farmland Values: A Case Study. Land Economics, 87(2):223-232.
- Perrin, Richard K. "Approaches for Measuring Productivity and Natural Assets Productivity Metrics Versus Food Security", in Measuring Food Insecurity and Assessing the Sustainability of Global Food Systems: Report of a Workshop, National Academies Press, Washington, D.C, 2011. http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=13290
- Liska A. and R. Perrin. "Energy and Climate Implications for Agricultural Nutrient Use Efficiency. " Chapter 1, IN: Clay D. and Shanahan J. (eds.), GIS Applications in Agriculture, Vol. Two: Nutrient Management for Improved Energy Efficiency. CRC Press, Boca Raton FL, 2011.
- Liska, Adam J. and Richard K Perrin. "Securing Foreign Oil: A Case for Including Military Operations in the Climate Change Impact of Fuels" Environment, 52(40):9-22 July-August, 2010. http://www.environmentmagazine.org/Archives/Back%20Issues/July-August%202010/securing-foreign-oil-full.html
- Perrin,R.K., Nickolas F. Fretes and Juan Pablo Sesmero. Efficiency in Midwest US corn ethanol plants: A plant survey. Energy Policy 37(4):1309-1316, April, 2009. http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/ageconfacpub/86/
- Liska, Adam J. and Richard K Perrin. "Indirect land use emissions in the life cycle of biofuels: regulations vs science." Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining Published Online: Apr 17 2009, DOI: 10.1002/bbb.153 http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/122327350/abstract
- Schmer, M.R., K.P. Vogel, R.B. Mitchell, and R.K. Perrin. "Net Energy of Cellulosic Ethanol from Switchgrass." Proc. Nat. Academy of Sciences 105 (2):464-469, Jan 15, 2008.
- Perrin, Richard, Kenneth Vogel, Marty Schmer and Rob Mitchell. "Farm-Scale Production Cost of Switchgrass for Biomass." BioEnergy Research 1(1):91-97, March, 2008.
- Perrin, R.K., & Fulginiti, L.E. Pricing and welfare impacts of new crop traits: The role of IPRs and Coase's conjecture revisited. AgBioForum, 11(2), 134-144, 2008. http://www.agbioforum.org.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E, and Richard K. Perrin. "Productivity and Welfare", The Journal of Productivity Analysis 49(2):133-155, October, 2005.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan, Richard K. Perrin and Bingxin Yu. "Institutions and Agricultural Productivity in Sub-Saharan Agriculture", Agricultural Economics 31/2-3:169-180, 2004.
- Rezek, Jon and Richard K. Perrin. "Environmentally Adjusted Agricultural Productivity in the Great Plains", Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 29(2):346-369, August, 2004.?