Dr. Wesley Peterson
207 Filley Hall
Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University, 1981
M.A., Economics, Michigan State University, 1980
Masters in Public Affairs (Major: economic development), Princeton University, 1973
B.A., Anthropology (honors program completed with great distinction), University of California (Berkeley), 1967
- Agricultural development
- Public policy
- International agricultural trade
- AECN 346 - World Food Economics Recent Syllabus
- AECN 367 - Agriculture Development in 3rd World Countries Recent Syllabus
- AECN 420 - International Food and Agricultural Trade Recent Syllabus
- AECN 445 - Agriculture and Natural Resource Policy Recent Syllabus
- AECN 901 - International Agricultural Trade
- UHON 395H - Income Inequality in the United States and Around the World (Honors Seminar) Recent Syllabus
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. A Billion Dollars a Day: The Economics and Politics of Agricultural Subsidies, Wiley-Blackwell, Malden, MA, 2009.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. The Political-Economy of Agricultural, Natural Resource, and Environmental Policy Analysis, Iowa State University Press, Ames, IA, 2001.
Refereed Journal Articles:
- Mohanty, Samarendu and E. Wesley F. Peterson. “Food Security and Government Interventions: A Study of Indian Grain Markets,” Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, Vol. 14, No. 3 (September 2005): 337-352.
- Sun, Ling, Lilyan Fulginiti, and E. Wesley F. Peterson. “Accounting for Agricultural Decline with Economic Growth in Taiwan,” Agricultural Economics, 36 (2007): 181-190.
- Huang, Rui, Lilyan E. Fulginiti, and E. Wesley F. Peterson, “Health and Growth: Causality through Education,” China Agricultural Economic Review, Vol. 2, No. 3 (2010): 321-344.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. “Food and Agricultural Trade and National Sovereignty,” “WTO Dispute Settlement and Food and Agricultural Trade,” and “Free Trade and Protectionism in Food and Agriculture,” Encyclopedia of Food and Agricultural Ethics, edited by Paul Thompson and David Kaplan, forthcoming.
- Khachaturyan, Marianna and E. Wesley F. Peterson. “Virtual Water,” Cornhusker Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics, Nebraska Cooperative Extension, University of Nebraska, January 30, 2013.
- Zenebe, Addisalem and E. Wesley F. Peterson. “The Impact of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA): An Empirical Analysis of Sub-Saharan African Agricultural Exports,” Cornhusker Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics, Nebraska Cooperative Extension, University of Nebraska, June 19, 2013.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. “Agricultural Policy, Trade and Development,” Short Course at Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan, February 15-19, 2010.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. “International Trade: What Happens in China doesn’t Stay in China,” Farm Animal Integrated Research Symposium on Globalization, Economic Growth and Environmental Sustainability, Washington, DC, March 4-6, 2012.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. “The United Nations Millennium Development Goals: Where do we Stand?” Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, Lincoln, NE, October 1, 2012.