Dr. Wesley Peterson
314 Filley Hall
Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University, 1981
M.A., Economics, Michigan State University, 1980
Masters in Public Affairs (Major: economic development), Princeton University, 1973
B.A., Anthropology (honors program completed with great distinction), University of California (Berkeley), 1967
- Agricultural development
- Public policy
- International agricultural trade
- AECN 346 - World Food Economics Recent Syllabus
- AECN 367 - Agriculture Development in 3rd World Countries Recent Syllabus
- AECN 420 - International Food and Agricultural Trade Recent Syllabus
- AECN 445 - Agriculture and Natural Resource Policy Recent Syllabus
- AECN 901 - International Agricultural Trade
- UHON 395H - The Idea of Poverty (Honors Seminar) Recent Syllabus
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. A Billion Dollars a Day: The Economics and Politics of Agricultural Subsidies, Wiley-Blackwell, Malden, MA, 2009.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. The Political-Economy of Agricultural, Natural Resource, and Environmental Policy Analysis, Iowa State University Press, Ames, IA, 2001.
Refereed Journal Articles:
- Mohanty, Samarendu and E. Wesley F. Peterson. “Food Security and Government Interventions: A Study of Indian Grain Markets,” Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, Vol. 14, No. 3 (September 2005): 337-352.
- Sun, Ling, Lilyan Fulginiti, and E. Wesley F. Peterson. “Accounting for Agricultural Decline with Economic Growth in Taiwan,” Agricultural Economics, 36 (2007): 181-190.
- Huang, Rui, Lilyan E. Fulginiti, and E. Wesley F. Peterson, “Health and Growth: Causality through Education,” China Agricultural Economic Review, in press.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. And Kepifri Lakoh. “Reflections on the Effects of Commodity Price Increases on Economic Development in Africa,” Cornhusker Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics, Nebraska Cooperative Extension, University of Nebraska, June 17, 2009.
- Khachaturyan, Marianna and E. Wesley F. Peterson. “Politics and Trade in the Former Soviet Union,” Cornhusker Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics, Nebraska Cooperative Extension, University of Nebraska, June 16, 2010.
- Yi Liu and E. Wesley F. Peterson. “Poverty Reduction and Income Inequality in China,” Cornhusker Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics, Nebraska Cooperative Extension, University of Nebraska, June 30, 2010.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. “The Economic Effects of an Outbreak of Foot-and-Mouth Disease in Nebraska,” Seventh Annual Preparedness Symposia Series: Protecting Our Heartland and its Resources, Center for Preparedness Education, Norfolk (June 10, 2009), Lincoln (July 8, 2009) and North Platte (August 28, 2009), NE.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. “Agricultural Policy, Trade and Development,” Short Course at Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan, February 15-19, 2010.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. “Economic Issues 2010: U.S. Agricultural Policy and Its International Impacts,” Osher Lifelong Learning (OLLI) Program, Lincoln, NE, April 12, 2010.