Dr. Wesley Peterson
207 Filley Hall
Phone: (402) 472-7871
Fax: (402) 472-3460
Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University, 1981
M.A., Economics, Michigan State University, 1980
Masters in Public Affairs (Major: economic development), Princeton University, 1973
B.A., Anthropology (honors program completed with great distinction), University of California (Berkeley), 1967
- Agricultural development
- Public policy
- International agricultural trade
- AECN 346 - World Food Economics Recent Syllabus
- AECN 367 - Agriculture Development in 3rd World Countries
- AECN 445 - Agriculture and Natural Resource Policy Recent Syllabus
- AECN 901D - International Agricultural Trade Recent Syllabus
- UHON 395H - Income Inequality in the United States and Around the World (Honors Seminar) Recent Syllabus
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. A Billion Dollars a Day: The Economics and Politics of Agricultural Subsidies, Wiley-Blackwell, Malden, MA, 2009.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. The Political-Economy of Agricultural, Natural Resource, and Environmental Policy Analysis, Iowa State University Press, Ames, IA, 2001.
Refereed Journal Articles:
- Zenebe, Addisalem, Kassu Wamesho and E. Wesley F. Peterson (2015). "The Impact or the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA): An Empirical Analysis of Sub-Saharan Africa Agricultural Exports to the United States," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Vol. 9, No. 2.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. (2015). "Trade Agreements: Impacts of the Uruguay Round and Prospects for the Future," Choices: the Magazine of Food, Farm and Resource Issues, Second Quarter, 30(2).
- Huang, Rui, Lilyan E. Fulginiti, and E. Wesley F. Peterson, "Health and Growth: Causality through Education," China Agricultural Economic Review, Vol. 2, No. 3 (2010): 321-344.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. Book Review of Food Price Policy in an Era of Market Instability: A Political Economy Approach, edited by Per Pinstrup-Andersen, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, May 25, 2015.
- Khachaturyan, Marianna and E. Wesley F. Peterson. "Gender Inequality in the World and its Implications," Cornhusker Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics, Nebraska Cooperative Extension, University of Nebraska, January 14, 2015.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. "Food and Agricultural Trade and National Sovereignty," "WTO Dispute Settlement and Food and Agricultural Trade," and "Free Trade and Protectionism in Food and Agriculture," Encyclopedia of Food and Agricultural Ethics, edited by Paul Thompson and David Kaplan, forthcoming.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. "U.S. and Global Economic Inequality," Golden K Kiwanis, Lincoln, NE, Aug. 26, 2014; Gateway Senior Living, Lincoln, NE, Oct. 17, 2014; Kearny Unitarian Universal Fellowship, Kearny, NE, March 15, 2015.
- Peterson, E. Wesley F. " Huskers in Benin: A West African Odyssey," Executive Club of Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, June 16, 2014; National Association for Active and Retired Federal Employees, Lincoln, NE, June 21, 2014; Lincoln Kiwanis, Lincoln, NE, July 17, 2104; Legacy Terrace, Lincoln, NE, Nov. 24, 2014, Bellevue-Offutt Kiwanis, Bellevue, NE, May 1, 2015; Northgate Garden Estates, Lincoln, NE, June 3, 2015.
- Zenebe, Addisalem, E. Wesley F. Peterson and Kassu Wamisho. "The Impact of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA): An Empirical Analysis of Sub-Saharan African Agricultural Exports," Annual Meetings, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (AAEA), Minneapolis, MN, July 27, 2014.