The 2010 Economic Impact of the Nebraska Agricultural Production Complex
- Ag accounts for nearly 290,000 jobs and represents nearly 24% of the state's workforce
- Generates 25% of the state's labor income
- Accounts for over 40% of the state's economic output.
- $20 Billion in cash receipts, double in 10 years
- Total dollar output of ag production complex $68.9 billion
- Accounts for 40.7% of state output
- $22.6 billion of Gross State Product
- Accounts for 26.9% of Gross State Product
- More than one-fourth of Nebraska's economy can be attributed to ag production complex
What is the Agricultural Production Complex?
Includes growing, processing and transportation including: crop and livestock production, manufacturing, agri-tourism, research and education.