- USDA Expands Microloans to Help Farmers Purchase Farmland and Improve Property
- USDA Begins 49th Enrollment Period for the Conservation Reserve Program
- Nebraska Farm Service Agency Provides Fall Sales Closing Deadlines
- FSA County Committee Elections to Begin; Producers to Receive Ballots Week of Nov. 9
- Agriculture Deputy Secretary Krysta Harden Announces New USDA Commitments to Help Build Up Next Generation of Farmers and Ranchers
Ag & Public Policy
2014 Farm Program Payment Estimates - Mid-September Update
2014 Farm Program Payment Estimates - July Update (Current as of early September)
ARC/PLC, Base, and Yield Deadlines Extended to April 7
USDA-FSA announced today an extension of the deadline to make the ARC/PLC program election and the accompanying base acreage reallocation and payment yield update decisions. The decisions will now be due at local FSA offices by April 7, 2015 with producers required to get an appointment or get registered for an appointment by that date.
Base and Yield Update Decisions Extended to March 31
USDA has just announced an extension of the deadline for the base and yield update decisions from today (February 27) to March 31, consistent with the ARC vs. PLC election decision deadline.
Farm Bill Questions and Answers
As the farm bill decision analysis continues in advance of the pending deadlines for base, yield, and program enrollment elections, there are numerous questions about how the programs work, how to use and interpret the farm bill decision tool analysis, and how to address various program issues.
Farm Bill Decision Tool Training Video
Nebraska Extension hosted a farm bill decision tool training session on January 14, 2015 in Lincoln to illustrate and demonstrate the use of online decision tools to help producers make base, yield, and program enrollment decisions with USDA's Farm Service Agency.