Farm Bill Decision Tool Training Video
Nebraska Extension hosted a farm bill decision tool training session on January 14, 2015 in Lincoln to illustrate and demonstrate the use of online decision tools to help producers make base, yield, and program enrollment decisions with USDA's Farm Service Agency. The training featured the online decision tool created by a consortium from Texas A&M University and the Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at the University of Missouri.
Several sessions from the decision tool training were recorded with the Adobe Connect meeting platform. Those recordings can be watched online to gain further insight into the decision tool and the economics of the pending farm program decisions.
The recordings are available as a series of links below:
- Demonstration of the Texas A&M Decision Aid, Dr. James Richardson, Texas A&M University -https://connect.unl.edu/p5gqblf5pa5/
- Entering a Nebraska Example, Dr. Peter Zimmel, FAPRI, University of Missouri - https://connect.unl.edu/p46an0xhuci/
- Entering a Nebraska Example and Interpretation of Decision Aid Output for Farm Program Decision Making, Dr. Peter Zimmel, FAPRI, University of Missouri -https://connect.unl.edu/p9rzm0mdoxa/
- Insurance Analyzer and Enhancements Yet to Come for the Decision Aid, Dr. James Richardson, Texas A&M University and Panel Discussion (combined in one recording) - https://connect.unl.edu/p37wtua03aa/
- Tips for using the Decision Aid and Lessons Learned, Randy Pryor, Nebraska Extension - https://connect.unl.edu/p50fbhiy2vb/
In addition to the recordings, slides of two presentations are available for viewing:
Posted by Brad Lubben, Monday, February 2, 2015