Nicholas BrozovićAssociate Professor
ContactNebraska Innovation Campus
2021 Transformation Drive, Suite 3220
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68583
Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute
@NickBrozovic twitter icon
Research AreasWater resource management and policy, environmental and resource economics, entrepreneurship
- Ph.D. - University of California, Berkeley; Agricultural and Resource Economics, 2002
- M.S. - University of California, Berkeley; Agricultural and Resource Economics, 2000
- M.S. - University of Southern California; Geological Sciences, 1996
- B.A. - Oxford University (UK); Geology, 1993
- 2014-Present - Director of Policy, Robert B. Daugherty Water for Food Institute, University of Nebraska-Lincoln; and Associate Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2012-2013 - Academic Visitor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Imperial College, London
- 2003-2014 - Assistant and Associate Professor, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2003 - Visiting Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Agricultural and Resources Economics, University of California, Berkeley
Selected PublicationsJournal Articles Foster, T., Brozović, N., Butler, A.P., Neale, C., Raes, D., Steduto, P., Fereres, E., and Hsiao, T.C., 2017, AquaCrop-OS: An open source version of FAO's crop water productivity model, Agricultural Water Management, v. 181, 18-22, DOI: 10.1016/j.agwat.2016.11.015.
Foster, T., Brozović, N., and Butler, A.P., 2016, Effects of initial aquifer conditions on economic benefits from groundwater conservation, Water Resources Research, DOI: 10.1002/2016WR019365.
Mieno, T. and Brozović, N., 2016, Price elasticity of groundwater demand: Attenuation and amplification bias due to incomplete information, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, DOI:10.1093/ajae/aaw089.
Kuwayama, Y. and Brozović, N., 2016, Optimal management of environmental externalities with time lags and uncertainty, Environmental and Resource Economics, DOI: 10.1007/s10640-016-0026-2.
O’Keeffe, J., Buytaert, W., Mijic, A., Brozović, N., and Sinha, R., 2016, The use of semi-structured interviews for the characterisation of farmer irrigation practices, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, v. 20, 1911-1924, DOI: 10.5194/hess-20-1911-2016.
Speir, C., Han, J. and Brozović, N., 2016, Spatial dynamic optimization of groundwater use with ecological standards for instream flow, Water Economics and Policy, DOI: 10.1142/S2382624X16500132.
Young, R.K. and Brozović, N., 2016, Innovations in groundwater management: Smart markets for transferable groundwater extraction rights, Technology and Innovation, v. 17, 219-226, DOI:10.3727/194982416X14520374943220.